Friday, February 3, 2012

New CBBC drama series Wolfblood

CBBC has announced an exciting new children’s fantasy drama series, which will be filmed on location in the North East of England in the coming months.

The brand new programme, Wolfblood, which will be filmed in and around Rowlands Gill in Tyne and Wear for three months from the end of February, will be a series of 13 half-hour episodes and will air later this year.

Created by Debbie Moon, the new series tells the story of Maddy Smith, who seems like an ordinary girl – but things are not what they seem. She can hear ultrasound, pick out a scent from a mile away and see in the dark. She’s faster and stronger than she appears, her senses are razor-sharp – and every full moon she has to lock her parents in the cellar. Maddy is a wolfblood. The show is set in a world where wolfbloods have lived amongst us for centuries, disguising their abilities and blending in. When new boy Rhydian turns up at school her world gets a lot more complicated...

Damian Kavanagh, Controller, CBBC, commissioned the programme. He said: “We’re always looking for programmes which bring something new to the channel for our audience to enjoy, and Wolfblood is a really exciting concept and one I believe will capture the imagination of our viewers. CBBC has always had a strong record of producing acclaimed children’s dramas and with such a strong team working on this show, I can’t wait to see the end result.”

“We’ve filmed in the North East many times, including most recently for the Tracy Beaker Returns series, and it’s great to be back – we’re looking forward to getting started!” added Gina Cronk, Executive Producer of Wolfblood.

Wolfblood is a co-production between CBBC and ZDF/ZDFE.

13 comments:

  1. Yeah it sounds pretty good it would be fun to audition :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. can you do auditions because i am very good at acting and singing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a young actress who adores your work. My dream is to become a successful actress. I’m currently attending CTA which is short for Celebrity Talent Academy .I have completed my commercial programme with Anna Ostergren and I am about half way through my Television and Film programme. I am interested in Drama, psychology, art and music I have also been in many productions and auditions. I am very committed and I put 100% into everything I do. Drama is my Passion and it’s the career I want to peruse. I am trying to gain as much experience as I can and by writing this email I am hoping that if any chances for me to gain experience with you becomes possible then you might consider letting me know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In general, all auditions go through agencies so you need to have an agent to be able to audition. Open auditions are unusual but if there are any, they'll be posted on the Screenterrier blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cast already :( My agent phoned them all week, and emailed and couldn't get through. Great way to rue the day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. will there be any auditions for series 2?

    ReplyDelete
  7. when and were are the auditions going to be done?

    ReplyDelete
  8. i would love to be in wolfblood im 14 love acting and singing please if any1 close to wolfblood see's this please mention me im lauren gilmore and my email is lgilmore1605@gmail.com please this is what i live for to be in wolfblood or any wolf related show i would be 150% comitted and no hassle iwould everything to the best of my ability. i hope someone see's this its my dream!

    ReplyDelete