Thursday, September 1, 2011

First look at Andrea Arnold's Wuthering Heights

Andrea Arnold's highly anticipated take on the classic Emily Brontë novel Wuthering Heights, starring Kaya Scodelario and newcomer James Howson, is about to premiere at the Venice Film Festival 2011.

Here's a taster of four clips from the film, with 13 year old Shannon Beer from Sheffield as the young Cathy, and 14 year old Solomon Glave, also from Sheffield as the young Heathcliff.  Neither had acted before and explaining the casting process, at the Venice Film Festival, Solomon said: “Somebody told me there was an audition so I went for it. I didn’t know I was going to get the part but I did and Andrea picked me. It was a big, massive thing and I feel like crying. Thank you, Andrea, for everything.”


No comments:

Post a Comment