Monday, November 15, 2010

Harry Potter epilogue reshoot

Daniel Radcliffe has confirmed that the cast are set to return to Harry Potter in order to reshoot scenes from the epilogue.

Radcliffe and his co-stars including Emma Watson and Rupert Grint initially shot the scenes which see the characters 19 years in the future at Kings Cross station earlier in the year.

"We are re-shooting some parts of it," the actor told Hit Fix. "It was an interesting one.

"I think we made it very hard on ourselves because we shot it at King's Cross for real. And this time we'll be shooting it at Leavesden on set. To have to rush that sequence, and it's an important sequence, is not something any of us want to do."

He continued: "It's a train station and people actually needed to use that platform. We made it very hard on ourselves and we really want a slightly slower, more measured pace next time."

Emma Watson also confirmed the reshoots: "We only had two days to shoot it and we needed so much more time than that. We have reshoots at Christmas." "It's not over. It's not over yet," she said.

The scene, which catches up with the trio many years after the events of Deathly Hallows, will most likely be the final scene of the whole franchise so they obviously want to get it right, and they will be able to do that back in a controlled environment.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 will be released in less than a weeks time, on November 19th, and Part 2 will be released July 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment