Friday, October 15, 2010

Meet the new Ben Mitchell

Jacqueline Jossa, announced back in August as the new Lauren Branning, has now started in Eastenders. And the new Ben Mitchell is set to join her.

Young actor Joshua Pascoe (Italia Conti) has been cast as the new Ben Mitchell in EastEnders, it has been announced.
He replaces 14 year old Charlie Jones who has played the part of Ben since 2006.

Later this year, viewers will see Ben get released from juvenile detention after six months locked away - and it's not long until he's at the centre of more family drama on Albert Square.

As he tries to readjust to life in the outside world, Ben becomes caught in the middle as his release reignites old animosities between his dad Phil (Steve McFadden) and half-brother Ian (Adam Woodyatt).

Newcomer Joshua commented: "I was so excited when I got the call to say I'd got the part of Ben Mitchell. I've always watched the programme and it will be great to work with fantastic actors such as Steve McFadden and Linda Henry. I'm really looking forward to this fantastic opportunity and making the role of Ben my own."

1 comment: