Thursday, February 11, 2010

Wuthering Heights Open Auditions in Sheffield, Leeds and York

 


This is an open casting call for award-winning director Andrea Arnold's upcoming feature film version of Wuthering Heights. Casting Director Gail Stevens is seeking two unknown actors from Yorkshire for the starring roles in the film. Auditions will take place in Sheffield, Leeds and York from 15th - 17th February. Wuthering Heights will be produced by Ecosse Films, with support from Screen Yorkshire. Filming commencing end of April 2010.

Audition Dates and Breakdown - this is an Open Audition.
WUTHERING HEIGHTS (Feature Film)

Based on Emily Brontë's classic novel.
Director: ANDREA ARNOLD
Location: UK (Location TBC)
Dates (Shooting, Rehearsal, etc.): 8 weeks from end of April

YOUNG HEATHCLIFF (Male)
Description: 16-21 years old.
Genuine Romany Gypsy / South Asian/Mediterranean / Indian / Mixed Race appearance.
Ideally from Yorkshire.
No experience necessary.

YOUNG CATHY (Female)
Description: 15-21 years old.
Pale-skinned, fair-haired, feisty.
Genuine Yorkshire actresses preferred. Light Yorkshire accent required.
No experience necessary.


Audition Dates & Locations:

15th February 2010:
Jurys Inns Sheffield
119 Eyre Street
Sheffield S1 4QW

10:30 - 14 - 16 Year Olds
2.30 – 17 - 21 Year Olds


16th February 2010:
Jurys Inn Leeds City Hotel
Kendell Street,
Brewery Place
Leeds
Yorkshire LS10 1NE

10:30 - 14 - 16 Year Olds
2.30 – 17 - 21 Year Olds


17th February 2010:
The Royal York Hotel
Station Road
York YO1 6

10:30 - 14 - 16 Year Olds
2.30 – 17 - 21 Year Olds

Andrea Arnold made the following comments this week to the BBC:
"Think about Heathcliff, he's an outsider, he's a Gypsy boy. It's a big class story. All my films have been about class, and Wuthering Heights is more of the same," she said.
"We are in pre-production, running up and down to Yorkshire and meeting people. It's forming itself." Asked about casting, Arnold said: "I've got a picture of someone on my phone, but I'm not going to show you!"

10 comments:

  1. I've only just turned 22... Can I still audition?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you look younger than 22 I'm sure you could still attend the open audition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ive just missed it. any chance of another audition going out?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure that they'll be holding another open, but there's still time to send your CV in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am Brazilian. I speak English fluently. I'm going to study in Los Angeles next year. I want to be an actress, so I'll try to do auditions. I don't wanna be here because we've many artists worthy of garbage that are only interested in get famous. I'm pale-skinned, a long brown chocolate hair, brown eyes and I'm 12 but apparently I'm 13-16 ...

    so, what way do you show me to go?
    like ... auditions, characters


    *I'd love play Cathy (I looove the book),
    but, i can't because i haven't her physical characteristics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please consider me for any extra parts.
    I live in Haworth and am a Spotlight and Equity actress, just google me.
    Thanks, Mia Vore.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello
    I'm a 15 year old girl. I am immensely interested in the part and would love to have the chance to audition; it would be a dream come true for me. I am 5ft 4in tall, dress size 8-10, have long dark brown curly hair and clear blue/green eyes.

    I have a big personality, am very bubbly, love to be on camera and am very outgoing. I love to talk in front of people, and I would love to take part in this movie. I love to act and take on the role of someone else; learn what they would do and how they would act in different situations. I am very good at learning lines.

    contact: ambzdt@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm from yorkshire but not pail skinned and i'm 13.

    ReplyDelete