Wednesday, February 17, 2010

First look at Submarine's Oliver Tate

Screenterrier posted about the open web auditions for Richard Ayoade's directorial debut Submarine back in July, and subsequently on the casting of Craig Roberts in the leading role of Oliver Tate, a hero in the gauche vein of an Adrian Mole or a young Alan Partridge, and Yasmin Paige as his love-interest Jordana.

Filming in Cardiff is now complete with the film scheduled for release in late 2010.

It is rare that the subject of a feature film releases a statement prior to the film's release - but the subject of Submarine is no ordinary fellow. Fifteen year old Oliver Tate has prepared the following statement for the press, which we give you now in unedited form:

"I have been waiting too long for the film of my life. My name is Oliver Tate. This film will capture my particular idiosyncrasies, for example, the way I seduce my classmate Jordana Bevan using only my mind. Also, since my parents' marriage is being threatened by a man who runs courses on Mental and Physical Wellbeing, the film will probably feature some elaborate set-pieces of me taking him down. There will be helicopter shots. There will be slow-mo, but also transcendent moments, like when I cure my father's depression. Knowing me as I do, I will be surprised if this film runs to less than three hours. Note to the press: appropriate adjectives to describe this film include 'breath-taking' and 'irresistible' as well the phrase: 'a monumental achievement'."

1 comment:

  1. ooh this looks brilliant, love the colour.

    (www.thisiswherewebelong.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete