Sunday, June 21, 2009

New Emmerdale teens

A new couple John and Moira Barton arrive in Emmerdale with their three teenage children Hannah, Holly and Adam in July.

The Barton’s eldest daughter, free-spirited teenager Holly, will be played by Britannia High actress Sophie Powles (represented by Bloomfields Management). 17-year-old son Adam will be played by Waterloo Road actor Adam Thomas, following in the footsteps of his brother, Corrie actor Ryan Thomas.
The youngest, Hannah is played by former Grange Hill star 16 year old Grace Cassidy.
GRACE CASSIDY – Hannah Barton

Are you excited about joining the cast of Emmerdale?
I am really excited to be joining such a popular show. It’s a huge show and has an incredible audience. My first audition was in mid-April and then I had two recalls after that. After that I attended a drama workshop with the casting director and series producer and finally I did a screen test. I was revising chemistry for my GCSE exams when my agent called to say I’d got the part. For the rest of the night I was so happy that I couldn’t concentrate, so I didn’t get much work done!
What other roles have you done prior to Emmerdale?
I did two series of Grange Hill, which included the last ever series of the show. My character was called Rachel. I also did two series The Chase - a Kay Mellor drama, an episode of The Street and an ITV drama called Marian Again with Stephen Tompkinson and Samantha Beckinsale.

No comments:

Post a Comment