Tuesday, April 21, 2009

My Almost Famous Family casting news


Screenterrier first reported back in January on the open auditions for new CBBC comedy drama My Almost Famous Family here.

News of some of the young actors cast:


HADLEY

Angus Harrison (represented by SRA Agency), aged 17, a pupil at Redland Green School, Bristol will play Hadley Swann in the musical comedy series.

The Swanns are a large musical family who sing together as a television pop group, We're In Perfect Harmony.

"I cant wait to start shooting in a couple of weeks but I will be home every weekend to see my friends," said sixth-former Angus.

The Hadley Swann role will see Angus away from the classroom for 13 weeks but he is not concerned about the break in his formal studies:

"I am in constant touch with my teachers by e-mail and I am very self-motivated!"

In fact, Angus, who who trains at The Actors' Workshop in Flax Bourton every Sunday, sees the BBC drama experience as an important part of his development as an actor.

"There is no substitute for professional training because competition is so stiff."

Angus has already appeared on TV in Genie in the House, Skins and M.I. High.

More recently, he graduated to the big screen, having just finished filming a role in new Brit feature film, Halo Boy, alongside Brenda Blethyn, Timothy Spall and Mel Smith.

ISAAC

Newcomer Matt Morgan (Cavat Theatre Arts ) will be playing the part of Isaac.

ANNABELLE

Alice Henley has been cast as Annabelle, the beautiful young host of the television show the family pop group appear on.

No comments:

Post a Comment