Thursday, April 9, 2009

Eleanor Tomlinson

16 year old Eleanor Tomlinson has been hailed as the next Keira Knightley but her latest venture has sadly not come to fruition.

Eleanor (represented by top agency Conway Van Gelder Grant Ltd) headed out to South Africa last month, where she was due to spend six weeks filming new movie Heaven And Earth, in which she was to play Brosnan's daughter.

However, just 10 days in, Eleanor was given the shock news filming had to be cancelled due to lack of funds.

Eleanor told the Mail: "We had no idea that was going to happen.

"I had been there 10 days rehearsing with everyone.

"I was very upset when I heard. They cancelled it very suddenly.

"But these things happen in the film industry. You have to be prepared in this unreliable business.

"I was disappointed, but I had a nice break.

"I met Pierce Brosnan, he was lovely and such a nice person. It's a shame I won't be working with him.

"I hope they get back on track as this film has been in the pipeline for quite a few years. But I've not been told anything yet."

The film was set to chart the true story of military surgeon James Miranda Barry, played by Natascha McElhone, who lived her life as a man to realise her dream of becoming a doctor.

Eleanor was to play Georgina, the daughter of a governor, in the film, which is set in the 18th century.

But it's back to school life at Beverley High for Eleanor.

Last week she performed in the school's version of Chekhov's play Three Sisters in preparation for her drama A-Level.

She said: "The play went well. My classmates are really good and we never talk about my filming. I try to keep it low-profile.

"I approach my schoolwork in the same way as filming. I take it very seriously as you have a whole group depending on you."

Eleanor's first film role was playing the young version of Jessica Biel's character Duchess Sophie Von Teschen in Neil Burger's film The Illusionist, which also starred Edward Norton.

Her biggest role was in teen comedy Angus, Thongs And Perfect Snogging, shot by Bend It Like Beckham director Gurinder Chadha.

Eleanor was recently in Plymouth shooting her role in Tim Burton's adaptation of Alice In Wonderland, which will feature a mix of live action and computer-generated images.

She plays Alice's peer, the spiteful Fiona Chataway, who appears at the beginning of the film before Alice falls down the rabbit hole.

No comments:

Post a Comment