Sunday, January 25, 2009

Where are they now?

Victoria Shalet - "Harmony" from "The Queen's Nose".

"Having driven my parents loopy on a daily basis, they decided to send me to an after-school acting/singing/dancing class to expel some of my energy. I attended these classes weekly and after a couple of months, Tony Boden, the agent who ran the classes sent me for an audition for a BBC screenplay called Testimony of a child. I landed this role and then snowballed into a career mainly in television and film, including Ball Trap on the Cote Sauvage, Jim Henson's Greek Myths, The Maid, Shining Through, Natural Lies, Goggle Eyes, Haunted and Getting Hurt. At the age of thirteen, I was offered the lead role of Harmony Parker in The Queen's Nose, a children's series that I was to be part of for five series. After completing A'Levels at school, I decided to jump straight into work... I continued predominantly with television and film, firstly playing Ken Stott's daughter in The Vice, followed by parts in The Affair of the Necklace, The Quest, The Bill, Jonathan Creek, Eroica and Midsomer Murders. During this time I have played Kirsty in Philip Ridley's Fairytale Heart at The Hampstead Theatre and more recently, Lucy in Dan Muirden's The Things Good Men Do at The Old Red Lion. Interspersed with readings at The Hampstead Theatre and The Royal Court and plays for Radio 4."

She is now represented by Theresa Hickey at MacFarlane Chard

No comments:

Post a Comment